Tuesday 21 April 2009

Marvellous Matthew Destroys Dismal Dismore


With the holiday season upon us, we all need a good book to read. Here's one which every right thinking person should take a look at. It's savage, witty and a fine read. Now I'd always been of the opinion that the MP for Hendon, Andrew Dismore was a bit of a non-entity, but it seems that he's to blame for far more than we all thought. Quentin Letts "50 people who buggered up Britain" currently has pride of place on my bedside table and it certainly opened my eyes to the damage Mr Dismore has done as a MP.


Whilst we are on the subject of Andrew Dismore, I was most impressed with the way Matthew Offord, PPC for Hendon put him in his place on his fine new blog. Matthews blog is witty, incisive, irreverent and not for the namby pamby PC brigade. I love it. Of all the Barnet political blogs, it is far and away the funniest and the best. Beware of cheap imitations.

I'm thinking of starting a "Mum's for Matthew" blog in his honour. Anyway, back to the ironing.

NOTE : Sorry to say I've made a big boo boo. The author of BARNETSTHIRDEYE blog has let me know that he's NOT MATTHEW. He's very much younger and much more handsome (gosh, he must be very handsome indeed). He should put his picture on, he'd get loads more fans if he's that handsome. Is it just me or do the local Labour party have a policy of only having ugly recruits - look at Rog T. Many apologies to Matthew, it was only because it was so good, that it fooled me - Sorry Matthew.